March 10, 2017

asian food affair part 1

i have the privilege of growing up with a dad who was an amazing chef and that naturally makes me very familiar with the food. i am not picky but somehow i always have my own judgment and expectation of whatever food that i eat. not trying to be biased here but Asian food somehow still ranks on the top of my list simply because there is so much variety! i mean... don't we all love choices? :) 



pict 01tom yum - thai 
if you are looking for a rich tasty dish, i will recommend this phenomenal soup straight away! you can taste the savory, spicy, sweet, and sour sensations the very moment it lands on your tongue. after trying it in so many places, i came to the conclusion that every restaurant has its own version of tom yum soup. for me, the traditional one is still my favorite! 
(around city area: jinda, thai culinary and many others- melbourne)

pict 02pho - vietnam
pho is so delicious and *good news* healthy! i could have pho literally every single day (which was exactly what I did at the beginning of this year). have enjoyed pho with a plate of spring roll for the side dish and a cup of vietnamese coffee for a complete experience!
(around city area: vietnam noodle house, pho24 and many others - melbourne)

pict 03jap chae - korean
i know that korean bbq is somehow more famous but this dish definitely deserves a lot more recognition! if you are wondering what jap chae is, it's basically sweet potato noodles cooked with a mix of vegetables such as spinach, onion, carrots, mushroom, and sometimes served with a sprinkle of beef. it is stir-fried with sesame oil, flavored with soy sauce and sweetened with sugar (thank you wikipedia! haha). i've recommended it by word of mouth to many of my friends and so far, none of them expressed any disappointment! ;) 
(around city area: big mama and many others - melbourne)

have you ever tried any of these foods? tell me what you think! x

SHARE:

10 comments

Home Chef said...

I have tried PHO recipe and it is so delicious.

Paola Lauretano said...

This recipe sounds so tasty!
Kisses, Paola.
Expressyourself

Kathrine Eldridge said...

These dishes look so yummy! I would like to try Pho someday.

http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Jalisa said...

I agree, Asian food is so delicious and there is certainly a ton of variety! That said, I've never had Pho before, but have come across recipes on Pinterest that have had me intrigued. Now that you've mentioned how healthy it is, I just may need to try my hand at making it one of these days! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a great day so far!

XO,

Jalisa
www.thestylecontour.com

Emily123 said...

These look so tasty! It's brilliant that you try lots of different food!

Much love,
Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

This post made me so hungry, everything looks so good!

http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

Alice Red said...

Oh my, these look delicious! I really want to try the Pho! x

alicered.co.uk

Unknown said...

Ohhh my...this post makes my mouth watering! I'm such a big fan of pho! Would love to try these pho noodles too! xo, Vivian

www.viviantse.net

Lena said...

Wow the thai and korean dishes are really making me hungry! Great post hun! :) xo~ Lena
www.thewanderliste.com

Hanna Painter said...

wow they look so good your foods <3

© summer in march
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig